Flaunden Church

ADDRESS: Flaunden, Hemel Hempstead, UK


1st Sunday

9.30 am   Family Service

2nd Sunday

9.30 am   1662 BCP Holy Communion 

 3rd Sunday

9.30 am   Morning Worship         

 4th Sunday

9.30 am   Holy Communion

 5th Sundays

(these services may change according to the time of year)

9.30am     As published at the time.


The key to finding any of the churches is to get to the correct place on the A404. The village of Chenies is two miles along the A404 from the M25 (Junction 18) in the Amersham direction, Little Chalfont is a further two miles from Chenies towards Amersham – still on the A404. The A404, for our purposes, joins the M25 (Junction 18) to the M40 (Junction 4).

St Mary Magdalene at Flaunden and St. Mary Magdalene at Latimer are both reached by following the signs for Latimer from the A404 at Little Chalfont, or the signs for Latimer after driving through Chenies from the A404.

From Little Chalfont, go down Bell Lane opposite the White Lion Pub to the Chesham/Chenies (bottom) road and turn right and then left at the crossroads (1/4 mile) signposted Latimer & Flaunden

From The M25, proceed through Chenies and down the hill (coach route) and proceed ¼ mile to the crossroads, turn right signposted Latimer and Flaunden – or go along the A404 beyond Chenies for ½ mile and turn right into Stony Lane (not for coaches) signposted Latimer and Flaunden, go down Stony Lane to the crossroads.

From Latimer crossroads

To Flaunden Church – Go over the river bridge into Latimer village, drive straight along the valley, through the village, do not turn off the road, after 1 mile+ follow the road up the hill and into Flaunden, the church and car park are immediately on your right, the village hall is reached by going through the village to the crossroads and turning right (take care turning).


Church Records & History

Although Flaunden is in the County of Hertfordshire, church records are held in the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies, Walton Street, Aylesbury. This is because Flaunden is a church in the Chenies of Benefice which is in the Archdeaconry of Bucks.

The centre for Bucks Studies hold the following registers for the Parish of Flaunden
Baptisms    1729 to 1971
Marriages    1731 to 1837
Burials        1732 to 2006
Please note: It appears that there are some missing years in registers held at Aylesbury